Have you been interested in trying out alcohol inks, but are unsure where to start? I have created the perfect alcohol ink pack, just for you!
Not only will you have the materials needed to get you started, you will also be given exclusive access to my online video tutorial which will will teach you all about the items in your pack, and how to use them to create amazing pieces of art.
What is included in your Alcohol Ink Kit?
– 3 x Jacquard Pinata coloured inks
– 1 x Jacquard Pinata metallic ink (brass)
– 1 x bottle of isopropyl alcohol (IPA) in a squeezy bottle
– 1 x pad of Yupo paper (10 A4 sheets of 200gsm weight)
– 1 x information leaflet, written by me, explaining your materials, working safely with your kit and also some basic colour theory
– Instructions on how to access to my online video tutorial
These are the basic items you will need to get started. You will need a source of air to move the ink around, such as a low heat/fan hairdryer or a bulb hand pump which you can purchase in the “Optional Extras Kit”. The hair dryer works well, but can be tricky to control the ink, in which case the bulb hand pump may be better suited to you as it slows the process down a little and gives you a bit more control.
What is in the Optional Extras Kit?
– 1 x ink blower (hand pump)
– Nitrile gloves (size L)
– Mixing cups and pipettes – great for mixing your own colours, particularly if you have purchased the Primary Colours kit.
Choosing your Alcohol Ink Kit:
I have put together 5 different colour combinations for you to choose from.
With the exception of the Primary Colours kit, the colours I have chosen for the rest of the kits were carefully selected to give you a positive outcome when the colours blend together. If you have experience with mixing colours, or would like to have a go, then the Primary Colours kit will expand your colours greatly.
Kit 1 – Passion Purple,Blue-Violet, Senorita Magenta, Brass (this kit was used in the online tutorial)
Kit 2 – Teal, Baja Blue, Rainforest Green, Brass
Kit 3 – Coral, Pink, Senorita Magenta, Brass
Kit 4 – Burro Brown, Sangria, Shadow Grey
Kit 5 – Primary Colours Kit – Sunbright Yellow, Santa Fe Red, Sapphire Blue
***please note, these kits are not suitable for children or pregnant women.